(x) I just bought an archer’s arm brace for the summer… last summer my arm was all sore.
Kvinnens nøkkelrolle (Womens’ Key Role)
Hvilken rolle spilte kvinnen i det førkristne norrøne Viking samfunnet og hvilke rettigheter og plikter medførte dette?
(What role did women play in pre-Christian Norse Viking society and what rights and duties did this entail?)
Sunnfjord Museum, Førde, Norway by Natalia Eriksson
Ok, children. It’s time for a bed time story and today mama gonna to talk about the norwegian cabin-culture.
Here are the basic ground rules:
-The cabin is always at least a three hour drive away from your house
- It must be surrounded by heaps of nature and shit
-There shall be no matching kitchen utencils
- Nothing looks better than the look of natural wood
- Walls are to be decorated with old kitchen supplies of copper
- The cabin is supposed to be icy cold when you arrive, and you must heat it with a fire in a stove
-Spagetthi and canned food are the basic cabin-food. You’ll be able to live of it for two weeks at least
- “your needings” will be done outside
- All beddings are supposed to itch
- Standard games are: card-games (as long as you have a pack of cards, mixed with another pack because you miss some cards from the first set), Ludo, Yatzy and Monopoly (also known as “the friendship-ender”
That’s it for tonight, kids. Remember to check under your bed for trolls
Ylvis - The Cabin (x)
Postcard pictures of the Norsk Folkemuseum in Norway, taken late 1890 - early 1900.
(I really should have waited to upload him until tomorrow, Wednesday- in danish Onsdag = Odins day)
So I was reading the Prose Edda, which is an Icelandic telling of Norse mythology and ran across the description of Nidavellir, the realm of the dwarves.
J.R.R. TOLKIEN, I LOVE YOU.